Thursday 11 August 2011

An Opportunity and The Circus


On 6th August 2011, I awoke to a package I was not expecting. Curious, I pried open the stiff cardboard packaging and spilled the contents onto my duvet. The cover of the debut novel from Erin Morgenstern caught my eye instantly, the quote from Audrey Niffenegger wafted at the sparks of curiosity, and at the first line, there was fire.

So begins my blog. Cliched, I know. A beautiful and magical novel and a letter wishing me well with my reading and hoping to hear from me soon. My aim in this blog is to review one book every two weeks, starting with all the of the proof copies of books I have received from Waterstone's since I began signing up for them in July 2010 (there's quite a pile by now). All of the books have their own special qualities and backgrounds, and I want to share what I love (or dislike) about them. Starting with the book that inspired the project: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

Ms Morgenstern's novel is due to be released in thirty-five days, and I heartily recommend you go out and buy it as soon as it hits the shelves. In fact, do one better and pre-order it, you won't regret it, I assure you. I don't push aside research and tea for nothing, and that is precisely what I have been doing for the past three days whilst in pursuit of the conclusion to The Night Circus. Though, if I'm honest, I wish I'd read a little slower because, in the end, the sun always rises too early on the circus...

Pre-order Ms Morgenstern's book

Related articles: An article from The Wall Street Journal on The Night Circus, NaNoWriMo Writer Lands 6-Figure Deal After 30 Rejections, Indigo Blog: The Night Circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment